22 December 2010

reservation for "a few"

This Sunday will indubitably be a day of decompressing, relaxing, cooking a little comfort food, and planning for my little New Years get together. It appears I won't be venturing out this year. I'd prefer not to deal with the crowded bars, screaming drunks, and ridiculously expensive bar tabs. It has been ages since I've had a enjoyable new years. In the past several years that I have gone out, it has been a miserable waste of time. I spent the last two years at home watching movies. This year I've got a cute new home (that still needs a lot of work...that won't be done by the time I have company over) and a handful of friends that are also content celebrating in the comfort of my new place with appetizers, champagne, and a wonderful view.

And if all else fails, we can go to the bar next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment