16 April 2011

experimenting w/ korean food

Today I made Jjambbong (Korean-Chinese Spicy Noodle Soup).

I got the recipe from eating and living, a  Korean food blog I am obsessed with right now. I went to H Mart yesterday to pick up ingredients in preparation for a weekend off, relaxing at home, cooking, and eating. I even went to Daiso this morning for two new soup bowls, spoons, and chopsticks. This dish was really quick and easy. Prepping the meat and veggies took the longest. Since Jim was eating too, I substituted most of the meats and used just pork, chicken and shrimp. We're not really big on clams and squid.

I'm really satisfied with how the dish turned out. Next time I'd add more chili flakes to make it just a touch spicier. Cooking Korean is a new experiment for me. It's been my observation that many of the soup recipes are very similar with just slight variations making it cheap and easy to cook, and best of all, everything is quite healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment