24 April 2011

who is risen?

Nothing special about this Easter, not that it ever is. I'm clearly not religious so to celebrate this day is actually pretty silly. In all honesty, I just like the excuse to consume a large meal. This may be the first year I haven't done that. I thought I would at least cook something. Turns out the day didn't go as planned.

So I found myself laying on my bed mid day, with my boys sleeping beside me, searching for homes on MLS and recipes on my favorite food blogs. I stumbled upon a recipe from America's Test Kitchen for Banana Bread and since I had six old bananas in my kitchen and a roommate begging me to make use of them I decided to drag myself to the grocery store for the few ingredients that I didn't have and a pan to cook it in. I've actually never made banana bread on my own. I think when I was a little girl I would help my grandma make it, but that doesn't really count.
The final result:
The house smells amazing.
My bananas were a little too ripe.
When the recipe says drain the liquid from the fruit, DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. I skipped it because I thought it seemed unnecessary. Turns out it's actually the most important step. So the banana bread tastes great but is too mushy on the inside. I'm gonna try it again this week...or try a different recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment