07 January 2011

dinner & a movie

it's been ages since i've done dinner and a movie. it was much needed. i've been in a pretty sizable rut now for the last month or so. trying to climb out of it has seemed impossible at times. countless hours spent starring at my ceiling. laying in bed with my pooch. doing nothing. feeling guilt, regret, sadness...blah blah blah. you know the drill. sometimes i don't know if i'm ever going to feel any different. everyone says it will go away. it just takes time. well, i'm waiting. am i there yet? losing your best friend is the pits.

anywho! considering the fact that i haven't been venturing out of the house much, i definitely value the time that i do get a chance to do something fun with my friends. my friends made fun of me because getting dinner and drinks is an adult thing to do, but we aren't getting any younger. isn't that what we're supposed to be doing? sure dinner and a movie isn't the most exciting thing, but it's also kind of perfect, and doesn't leave you with a hangover. eating and watching movies are two of my favorite things to do, and doing it alone just isn't as fun. it gets old fast. which says a lot for me lately, considering i've always been quite content being alone.

so we went to the loft in downtown edmonds, this super cute little new place. the food was tasty(pan seared wild coho salmon, roasted red potatoes, sautéed broccolini, raspberry glaze). the portions were tiny and way over priced. the server messed up my order, so while my friends were finishing their food, mine was just arriving. not cool. if i do go back, it will only be for drinks. then again, they didn't have any cucumbers to go with my g&t.

after we wasted our money there, we headed over to the crest (yes to a $3 movie i'd been wanting to see) to watch Never Let Me Go. Incredibly depressing, but still a great movie. I liked it.


sidenote: i am no longer allowed to eat movie theater popcorn. it makes me sick. 

thanks for girls night.

No comments:

Post a Comment