19 January 2011

monday night dinners continue

OK! You're probably sick of hearing about my obsession with learning to cook and having dinner parties. I GET IT! But I can't help but talk about it. It's typically the highlight of my week EVERY WEEK. I just moved into my new home in November and seeing the progression from having other people cook for me in my own kitchen to me cooking for them has been exciting and rewarding...and expensive. But at least I can say I'm poor for a better reason now. And even if the food doesn't turn out great, you still have friends and wine and you can't go wrong with that.

This Monday was a more relaxed dinner session. We were all pretty tired. I was still hungover from Saturday night so we actually bought a rotisserie chicken, jackie made delicious green beans, and Kimmy made some tasty potatoes. My contribution existed of sitting at the kitchen table watching...and drinking.

Please don't ask why she's washing potatoes in the bathroom.
Not enough.
When you don't wear an apron...



By the time dinner was over more friends were on their way. I guess we weren't finished having fun yet. Our relaxed Monday night dinner turned into a hang out session/visit to my local bar.
cucumber catastrophe 
We started the invitation for fourth of july. 

I think I'm over being a hermit...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment