26 January 2011

food+friends

When you do dinner with your friends once a week, you always have something to look forward to.

Last night we did dinner at Jackie's house. She got a new cookbook, so it seemed fitting she try some dishes from it. We had our very own barefoot contessa. She made balsamic steak, basil mashed potatoes, green beans, and salad. It was perfect.  Typically dinner is reserved for ladies only, but last night we made an exception and let Jim and Brett eat too. They ended up doing the dishes so it was worth it. Next week we'll go back to "no boys allowed".



We successfully stuffed our faces, polished off six bottles of wine, forgot about the cheesecake I brought (that I'm craving right now). Kimmy went home. We went to the bar. Unplanned shots of tequila on a Tuesday night? And why didn't I get a receipt for my bar tab? I'm too scared to look at my bank account, especially since Jim was spilling drinks all night.

Jackie & Brett: Thanks for letting me sleep on that mattress on the floor. I can't remember the last time I slept so well. I don't know where it came from, otherwise I would have put it back. Also, thank you both for calling me out and telling all my secrets last night. That's what friends are for right?

My head hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment