15 February 2011

thanks mom

I've been so busy I haven't had much time to blog. So let me catch you up.

LAST WEEKS DINNER NIGHT...was cooked by yours truly. I made a special dish. Everyone has favorites from growing up, so I decided to take a stab at making my moms roasted chicken with potatoes, broccoli and gravy...a true british style dish.
 Those of you who really know me know that I love to eat meat, but handling raw meat is my least favorite part of cooking, and this was my FIRST time cooking an entire chicken.
But it was worth it. It was perfect. It tasted just like my mom used to make it. I couldn't have been more pleased with the outcome. I'll be cooking this dish until the day I die.
I even let my little guy Charles enjoy it too.

Our weekly dinner parties are without a doubt THE highlight of my week. Nothing could possibly beat home cooked meals and wine with your besties.

Jenna: I'm glad you could join.

xo.cat

No comments:

Post a Comment